Partner Agency Profile
8 elementary, 3 middle schools, and 4 high Schools
Total enrollment 11,073 students
Gilroy Unified School District will provide opportunities for all students to reach their highest academic and intellectual competencies and personal attributes to be life-long learners, responsible citizens, and productive members of society. This will be accomplished by having a clear focus on student needs; staff, parents and community members demonstrating high expectations for themselves and for every child served; and by continually improving the quality of teaching and learning.
Behavior Support Team - $1,000 for time spent in team meetings and writing referrals
GLEN Project - $300 for facilities use and $2000 in time spent on committee
Student Success Team - $12,000 for time spent in team meetings and writing referrals
Project Cornerstone - $400 for time spent in student meetings and activities
Love & Logic - $1200 for materials; $900.00 for trainer
- A loving attitude toward the young person. A key principle of the Love and Logic approach is that we preserve the dignity - of the child AND the adult. Does yelling and threatening preserve kids’ dignity? How about ours?
- Shared thinking and control. Adults using Love and Logic techniques resist the urge to come up with all the answers and solve all the problems. Instead, they give kids the gift of thinking about and solving problems. They ask lots of questions and give lots of choices so kids stay in on the action.
- Empathy before consequences and bad news. We are sad for kids and we hurt for them when they struggle. Our sadness (instead of our anger and frustration) helps them own problems and learn from the consequences. None of this works without empathy.
- Relationships are paramount. If we are not preserving or enhancing relationships, we are not really using Love and Logic techniques.
- Services are provided at Glen View school by School Principal, funded in part by Title I, EIA/SCE