Morgan Hill Unified School District
8 elementary, 2 middle, 2 high and 1 continuation schools
Total enrollment 9,531 students
The mission of the Morgan Hill Unified School District, serving a diverse community, is to create in students a passion for learning and achievement through innovation, dynamic partnerships, and exceptional programs and support services.
Mental Health Support Provider - $68,000The Mental health Professional furnishes the District with behavioral interventions and counseling for students and families within the District. She develops and/or assists our psychologists to develop behavior plans. She works with staff to assist in transitions, behavioral strategies to be used in a classroom, and has also written curriculum and presented classes for us on bullying.
Community Solutions Interns4 school sites are accessing interns from Community Solutions.
Bilingual Home/School Liaisons - $196,54213 Bilingual Liaisons (one at each school site), 4 hours per day The Home/School Liaison works under the direct supervision of the school principal to provide a link between home and school and actively works to strengthen that link for bilingual students and their parents/guardians.
- Provide verbal and/or written interpreter/translator services for students and their parents.
- Assist with student assessment
- Assist with student enrollment
- Assist with student and parent activities sponsored by the school.
- Assist with outreach activities such as contacting parents/guardians about attendance, discipline, and related issues.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of academic support services information, extended learning services information, community and health services information, parent education and services information.
- Assist and support students and their parents in accessing these services.
- Conduct an active identification and recruitment for students in need of such services including home visits if needed.
- Attend parent meetings after school and in the evening.